FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RELEASE: Dunkirk Mayor Willie Rosas Endorses Eddie Sundquist for Congress
Today, Dunkirk Mayor Willie Rosas – the first Hispanic Mayor ever in New York State – endorsed Democratic Congressional Candidate Eddie Sundquist in his bid to become the next Congressman of the 23rd District.
In a statement, Mayor Rosas said:
“I am excited today to announce I am endorsing Eddie Sundquist for Congress. In January, Eddie released a Jobs Plan that will help put the Southern Tier back to work. The plan, along with Eddie’s energy, enthusiasm, and especially his passion for finding a solution to the opioid epidemic that has ravaged our communities, is why I believe Eddie Sundquist is the right candidate for the 23rd District.
In response, Democratic Congressional Candidate Eddie Sundquist released the following statement:
“It is an absolute honor for me to accept the endorsement of Mayor Willie Rosas. He has been an incredible leader for Dunkirk, and I look forward to working with him in Congress to bring jobs back to the Southern Tier and address the opioid crisis in our communities.”
The endorsement continues a strong beginning to 2018 for Sundquist’s campaign. Already this year, he has received endorsements from:
- Chautauqua County Democratic Committee
- Cattaraugus County Democratic Committee
- Susan Labuhn, Vice Chairwoman of the Cattaraugus County Legislature
- Steve Keefe, former Mayor of Fredonia, NY
- LeeAnn Lazarony, former Mayor of Cassadaga, NY
- Greg Rabb, former Jamestown, NY City Council President
- Mike Ferguson, 2017 Democratic candidate for Chautauqua County Executive
Click here for a headshot of Eddie Sundquist.